Local Government Colloquium
The findings from a national summit exploring how organisations can start to positively use the new arrangements for public health and commissioning are now available.
Discussions at the colloquium, bringing together leaders in environmental health, NHS, public health, social services, and general practice, focused on the neccessary components of a new co-production model for public health, addressing the questions:
- How to exploit the opportunities created by the integration of public health and local government?
- How to maximise the new structures, approaches and democratic accountabilities to deliver public health outcomes and a reduction in inequalities?
Key messages from the report - Co-production for health: a new model for a radically new world:
- Use the Transition to start to develop a new Co-Production Model for Health and Wellbeing
- The model will fail without elected members’ understanding and buy-in – they need to be at the helm
- Establish focused, agreed priorities which have meaningful outcomes for all partners
- Put in place a mechanism and infrastructure to ensure effective delivery
- Use intelligence dynamically, creatively and succinctly and in relevant forms for different audiences
- Promote an asset based approach to communities to understand and harness their assets and resource
- The public health workforce has to change – a new business model needs adopting that is pragmatic, practical and delivers solutions to commissioners and providers
- Build public health capacity across a whole range of workforces to deliver interventions at industrial scale
The Colloquium was held by Solutions for Public Health in partnership with NHS Alliance, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, Association of Directors of Public Health, and Association of Directors of Adult Social Services.
M.Grady LG Colloquium presentation »
1181 KB PDF document
K.Ardern LG Colloquium presentation »
604 KB PDF document
J.McManus LG Colloquium presentation »
364 KB PDF document
G.Jones LG Colloquium presentation »
351 KB PDF document
D.Kidney LG Colloquium presentation »
226 KB PDF document
C.Packham LG Colloquium presentation »
29 KB PDF document
C.Drinkwater LG Colloquium presentation »
53 KB PDF document