Effective screening can help save lives and improve the quality of life through the early diagnosis and treatment of serious conditions. Screening presents different challenges to clinical practice as it is about targeting apparently healthy people from a large population in order to detect a small number of people who are affected.
We have expertise in evidence review, preparation of guidance, co-ordination, commissioning and quality assurance of formal NHS Screening programmes in the UK and national programmes abroad.
What we do
- Review the evidence base for potential new national screening programmes in the UK and abroad.
- Develop guidance about how to set up formal screening programmes in the UK and abroad.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators for screening programmes
- Support the development and implementation of health screening quality assurance programmes
- Offer engagement events to providers to explore improvements to the screening pathway