Using evidence to identify the needs of a population and determine what services they most require is essential for effective decision making. We work in collaboration with local services and service users to provide high quality evidence to better understand the current and future needs of your local population.
A needs assessment is designed specially to meet your particular requirements by, for example:
- Describing the local context and identifying local services
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of the organisations who commission and deliver local services
- Engaging with local stakeholders and service users to understand their needs and experience of care
- Incorporating health intelligence data with benchmarking against peer group areas
- Synthesis and analysis of relevant local and national datasets
- Reviewing published evidence to identify the most appropriate and cost effective interventions and solutions
- Highlighting gaps in service provision
- Producing recommendations and an action plan for implementation
Why choose SPH?
Over our 15 year history we have significant experience and expertise in carrying out needs assessments for different customers focussing on different populations. These include:
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessments for local authorities
- Palliative care
- Mental Health
- Substance misuse
- Sexual health
Please get in touch via our contact page.