Health intelligence, bringing together the latest data, information and evidence to create informed analyses, is a key underpinning to decision making and to the work we carry out in SPH. We work closely with customers at all stages, from specification to the final reporting of results, including presenting findings back to clinicians and managers.
What we do
- Bring understanding of the available health intelligence, including latest performance and epidemiological data, service provision, best practice and clinical guidance
- Use national data sources including Hospital Episode Statistics (HES), Secondary Uses Service (SUS), Public Health Outcomes Framework (PHOF), and a variety of other data sets provided by Public
- Health England, NHS England, the Health and Social Care Information Centre and the Office for National Statistics
- Collect and analyse local sources data sources appropriate to the project
- Review data alongside latest evidence and guidance from NICE and Cochrane as part of rapid evidence reviews to give a comprehensive view
With in-house resource, an extensive associate pool and partnership arrangements with our host Commissioning Support Unit (CSU), health intelligence is always offered as part of our support to commissioners. Our strong clinical expertise and insight ensures our health intelligence is relevant and informative for decision making purposes.